Friday, August 25, 2017

Triple threat craft cage match cataclysm

Three beers enter...and none of them get out alive.

Who's beer will reign supreme?
But hey, at least we get to crown a king out of the three random beers I picked up from BWS for the weekend ahead.

Let's have a closer look at who has stepped through the ropes for this battle...

WHITE RABBIT DARK ALE




Hailing from Freemantle on the other side of Australia (I'm drinking on the East side for those keeping score at home) the last time I had a White Rabbit a couple of years back I stared at disbelief at the hole in my wallet where my money used to be. And this was at a pub, not even buying singles at the local bottle shop. Anyway it went down well on an afternoon when I was supposed to be working and while this dark ale didn't break the bank this time around, I'm still expecting some good things here.

How did the rabbit fare in testing? Learn the full story about it right here!

YOUNG HENRY'S NEWTOWNER




I must admit that I don't know this much about this one. I even assumed that a 'Newtowner' was a style of brew I'd never heard of. Turns out I was half right as it's a beer out of Newtown, a suburb of Sydney. Never been there, don't think I've even come close. But maybe like the Pirate Life making me want to don an eyepatch, saw off a leg and sail the seven seas, this drop will have me paying a visit roughly 850kms away (highly unlikely really but here's hoping it's a top drop.)

How did the Young Henry effort turn out? Find out right here.

FOUR PINES SUMMER ALE




The last Summer Ale that got a checkup from Doctor Beer here was the quite decent Single Fin, pulling a 2nd place award in our recent Courageous Clash of the Craft Clans. How will this 4 Pines version fare in comparison then, especially when it's an Indian Summer Ale? Will it become brew choice for the next barbie or be relegated to the pile of also rans like Endeavours Growers Pale Ale? Only one way to find out..

What does an Indian summer actually taste like? The answer is right here.

Stay tuned for the battle and the ultimate winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment