Saturday, February 24, 2018

Hollandia - Sweet price, sour taste

A pallet load of cheap beer near the exit of Dan Murpheys? How could I resist?


Note to self: Learn to resist.


I bought a few beers this weekend to check out over the next few days (thanks xmas gift card) including a couple of very funky looking IPAs and the 4 pack from the pallet load of Hollandia near the exit for just $9 was an afterthought.
Not a great one it turns out but not all beers are brewed equally.

I also tried it while watching the equally confusing and disapointing Cloverfield Paradox...so I really found a way to mess up my Saturday night.

No! Don't drink it!!!!


What am I smelling here?: Unfortunately due to a head cold, my snifter is clogged and not much is coming through. At a guess based on the taste, I'm going to say wet and sour cardboard..

Initial thoughts: In my new J&B Rare Stein it foams like a volacano.


First sips were a bit watery but then as things warmed up you find there's not much up front but a light bitter taste at the end and then the overshadowing sour hits. Not as sharp like biting into a lemon, more like an unpleasant mix of ingredients that leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
The last sensation rules them all.
The last sensation is pretty awful.
It's a big can, there's a lot of sour to chug through.

Overall: It's hard drinking. At 9 bucks a 4 pack of 500ml cans (1.9 aus standard drinks) it works out at $2.25 a can, so it's cheap drinking. So if you want to get drunk on the cheap I guess..
(Also the movie was pretty rubbish too sadly. Sigh)

1.5 out of 5 confusing sci fi movies

Late edit: On can number 2 I found that if you don't pour it into something else, drink it straight out of the can and don't let it warm up, the sourness isn't that obvious. Thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment