Saturday, July 29, 2017

Courageous Clash of the craft clans

Like craft beers? Got $30 burning a hole in your pocket right now? Head to your nearest BWS (Beer Wine and Spirits shop) to solve both problems!



After a trip to the park and then about three quarters of the weekly shop I decided a couple of cheap beers in the shopping trolley wouldn't go astray and I was quite happy when I noticed the sign that you could get 8 of them (they didn't have to be the same ones either) for just $30.

Which for those better at maths than I, means you're paying $3.75 each which is an absolute bargain. Especially with some of the these nudging past the $5 mark.

So in our latest fridge refill/ random tasting selection we have many pale ales in mostly bottles and only one can. And the can has something to do with being a pirate. Glorious.



From left to right we have:

Mountain Goat Steam Ale: A steam what? A steam ale. I know not of what this bottle speaks but I'm quite happy to see if it makes me as happy as when I steam other things - like vegies, dumplings and trains.

Endeavour Growers Pale Ale: We're off to another ripper start here with yet another term I'm not familiar with - Growers Pale Ale. Does this mean they grew everything themselves without having to import them in? Am I going to grow something when drinking it? Will this add even more chest hairs to my already hirsute yet chiselled frame?

Monteith's American Pale Ale: While contiki'ing over in New Zealand I grew quite partial to lusty pints of Monteiths Radler and I haven't minded their occasional jaunt with ciders either. Will the American Pale Ale be added to the list of things I enjoy from the land of the long white cloud? (Not on the list so far, the sulphur smell of Rotorua..)

Break Water Australian Pale Ale: Steam, Growers, American and now a dinky di true blue Aussie Pale Ale in the mix. BWS I'm quite impressed with your crafty selection.

Burleigh 28 California Pale Ale: Burleigh managed to completely blow my socks off with their head ringing but stupidly tasty Fig Jam IPA so here's hoping for a repeat performance is on the cards with this Californian effort. Should I be playing 2Pac and Dr Dre's California Love while sipping it? The possibilities are endless here.

The Point Pale Ale: What's the Point? Well a pale ale in this case. Will this be the prince of the Pales though? Let's find out!

Gage Roads Single Fin Summer Ale: Fun fact, Gage Road's Premium Mid Pils 3.5 was the first beer I ever reviewed on this site. Ahh #memories. Another fun fact is that it's Winter right now here in Queenland so should I be sampling a summer ale right now? Probably not but when has that stopped me? I'll just pick a sunny arvo (of which there seems to be plenty during a Queensland winter) and have at it.

Pirate Life Pale Ale: Can the canned Pirate stand taller than it's bottled brethren? Possibly. Will I wear an eye patch and grunt a lot when consuming it? Possibly. Will I write up an entire review of it in my best Pirate? You betcha.

So out of all of these luscious and lovingly crafted contenders, who's brew will ring true? Reviews coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment